Wednesday, August 19, 2009

As Monday was a public holiday, I decided to take leave on Friday, so I'd have a super long weekend~

Thursday 06/08/09

Met Mr Toh & Jimmy at Kranji Mrt after I finished work. We were gonna take the bus to JB from there.

I bought 2 bermudas for the trip because I have no decent shorts at all! Lol.

We bought some snacks and soya milk from Mr Bean and had to rush to catch 170.

It was an uneventful journey. There was only a bit of jam until SG Customs. I was hungry like hell because the snack was awful, like it had been at the counter since morning, so I didn't eat it. Yucks.

We reached City Square (finally!) around 10pm. All 3 of us were starving so we decided to have dinner at Kim Gary at the basement. The food was good~ and not just because we were hungry. The food was better than in SG. We then waited for Jimmy's parents to come fetch us.

Reached their place around 11pm. Jimmy's ahyi was waiting up for us. We washed up & slept. Or tried to...

Mr Toh kena lots of mosquito bites so he didn't sleep much. Funny how mozzies always prefer him to me. Hah..and they say people with Type O blood gets bitten more easily?
He observed that I was the 1st to fall asleep though. Lol. I was very tired lah!

Friday 07/08/09

Mr Toh and me woke really early, around 8 plus. Ate breakfast and had coffee. We helped ahyi and the farm owner tie up the vegetables they picked, 'han zi hio', sweet potato leaves. They were beautiful & fresh, Mom would love it. But I was too paiseh to ask for some to bring home. =X

After that, we went to see uncle feed the crickets. So manyyy! And the babies are so tiny, like little black ants! *squeamish*

After Jimmy woke up, we had lunch and then went down into the pond! Woot! They wanted to sort out the shrimps for sale.

Their ponds are huge!!

One of the path leading to the ponds.

At first, I was pondering whether to go down or not, then ahyi asked me to help sort out the haul without knowing that I was squeamish of this kind of things, lol.

So I did went down into the water! The mud was so slippery! I think it took me like 5 mins to get down into the pond everytime, at the speed I was going. Hahhaa.

After we were done at 6pm plus, we bathed and went out for dinner.

They brought us for dinner at Kota Tinggi. Yummy zi char and tom yum soup and satay, cheng tng and rojak (not very yummy though).

After dinner, we went to the night market nearby to walk around and Jimmy bought this yummy fish keropok that came in thin chips! Not like the normal ones in stick form. Much yummier!

Saturday 08/08/09
I woke up slightly later this day, at 10 plus, ate some bread, helped ahyi, the farm owner and his wife tie the vegetables again.
When Jimmy & Mr Toh woke up, we went down to the pond again. This time we're just sorting out the fish and shrimps in one of the ponds~ Bebe is super cute, he came to 'fetch' me when I came down from the house. Haha, it didn't seem to matter to him that I was kinda scared of him. Lol!

Jimmy's relatives came in the evening when we were still at the pond, but didn't dare to stay the night. When they saw us in the pond, they were like surprised that we dared to go in.. Typical city type, scared of dirt, scared of mosquitoes.
It was so funny the way auntie said that the moment they got down the car, they started applying insect repellent. Lol! I mean, I am not an outdoorsy person, but not to that extreme! =X

That night, we had dinner at somewhere closeby, Puteri Mart. Yummy char kuey teow & BBQ chicken wings! Jimmy ordered stingray too but it is damn not nice. The meat was tough and the chilli had no taste. At first, the stallowner quoted him RM 25 but when he saw Jimmy's dad, he said RM 15...waffuck?
Jimmy's relatives left after dinner. Only his dad's twin brother stayed. They really looked alike loh! Haha. Like duh. *smacks forehead*

Sunday 09/08/09

I woke up reeaaally late, ard 11 plus. There wasn't much to do, as the farm owner did not come this morning.
After the boys woke up at 12plus, we had a simple lunch at home then we went to this wholesale supermarket place near Jusco. We bought some snacks to bring home and daily necessities. Ahyi insisted on paying for everything. =\

We went to Jusco for some shopping after that as Jimmy wanted to buy clothes, but end up he didn't buy anything. I bought a Nike tank for running and Mr Toh bought an addidas cap. *happies*

We brought the aunties to Secret Receipe for lunch~ Yummy prawn macaroni with loads of cheese for me and Jimmy! Chicken spaghetti bolognese for Mr Toh. Grilled dory for auntie and thai fried rice for ahyi (it came with raw corn, wth?)

We then shared 2 slices of cheesecake. A slice of white chocolate macadamia (which I had for my 21st bday) and baked cheesecake. The baked cheesecake had a really strong flavour, I didn't like it much, but Mr Toh and Jimmy loved it.

After we got home at around 5plus, we got to work again~ Cleared the pond a few more rounds and sorted out the fish and shrimps.

We then had a simple dinner at home. Mr Toh took a huge liking to this olive vegetable dish that auntie prepared. And he asked me to learn it so I can cook it for him in Singapore. Lol....I did ask auntie how to prepare it and it sounds simple enough.

Monday 10/08/09
All three of us woke quite late, around 12 plus. Notice how we wake up later and later everyday? =X

Slacked around at home, but the weather was kinda hot.

Jimmy's uncle and family came to visit in the afternoon. His cute little niece kinda took a liking to me and wanted me to carry her around. When her mommy asked if she wanted me to carry her, she stretched her arms out towards me, heehee. When I asked her if she wanted Alex korkor to carry her, she hid in my arms. LOL!

So I took care of her when her mommy was eating lunch. I played with her and fed her some porridge, I also taught her how to say Bebe's name.

She is super duper cute lah~ She wasn't scared of Bebe at all! When Bebe came near her, she stretched her arm out , wanting to touch him, haha! And when Bebe barked at her, she laughed! Omg. Haha. But kids are very weird too. When uncle showed her a little chicky, she did not dare touch it at all...even after I demonstrated. Lol~!

After the men fixed the fence, we bathed and got ready to go back Singapore. =(

Uncle drove us to Ulu Tiram interchange and we took a bus back to JB. The bus jammed alllllll the way from Ulu Tiram to JB! I got bus-sick. *vomits* T_T

We only managed to reach JB at around 7 or 8. Had our dinner at Sizzling Stonegrill. Hmm, I felt it was pricey and the portions were small and not really worth the price. It wasn't even very delicious.

Shopped around City Square but there wasn't much to see. So we decided to have cheesecake at Secret Recipe again!
This time I tried their Cheeze Choc while Jimmy tried their Classic Cheese and Mr Toh had Baked Cheesecake again. It was guiltily delicious! Lol. =X

We also bought adidas deodarant! We saw that Watsons was having a promotion~ Buy 2 bottles (1 set) and it comes with a free arm pouch~ We each bought 1 set. And it only costs RM20+ for 1 set! It's cheap! And the arm pouch is perfect for when I go jogging~! *happies*

But all the joy evaporated when we walked to the Customs. It was sooooo crowded!! Super long queue at the Malaysia customs. T_T After clearing the Malaysia customs, we headed to the bus terminal. But, omg.....it was so messy. We had no idea where to queue for our bus!! So we anyhow tikam and joined a queue. But after some time, we realise something was not quite right. The queue was not moving and there was a huge crowd at the head of the queue. People were cutting queue! They were passing by the rest of the queue and just stood at the front. We were like what the hell?

Jimmy then went to investigate and came back 10 minutes later to tell us that we were queueing at the wrong queue! *faints* Turns out that we were at the CW queue when we wanted to take 950. So, we went to find the 950 queue....and when we found it, I wanted to cry! It was so long!!! Hais....but no choice. We couldn't even walk if we wanted to, as the security guard was chasing after people who were walking out.. Mr Toh went to double confirm the queue was correct, if not, we'd be wasting even more time. And I still had work the next day! T_T

But luckily, we were at the right queue, although it was still very long......but the queue was moving quite fast, so it was still alright. We were queueing when I saw a person that looked very familiar. Turned out it was my colleague, haha~ She was also trying to find the correct queue, so I asked her to join us. =X We finally reached Singapore customs at around 11plus and shared a cab home. It was 12plus when we reached home. Tired!!!

But overall, it was very fun!! We really really enjoyed the short break and would love to go back there again! But only during weekdays. I couldn't stand the customs during weekends. Hoho.

Pics uploaded on Facebook. Blogger sucks. T_T I got frustrated uploading these few pics. *grr*

loving you, 8/19/2009 03:06:00 PM.


movie freak.
walking dictionary.

"I've learnt that love, not time, heals all wounds."

My Facebook
Previous Posts:
Superband concert 2009!!
Lovely day
Taking a break~
Feisty Princess Charmaine
Night Safari!
Yummy durian puffs!
A good cause~
King of Pop no more.
Night Safari Here I Come!

July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011

Blogger Buster
Britney Spears
Clip Tea Party
Ctrl Alt Del
My Milk Toof
Order of the Stick
Pink Is The New Blog
Red Carpet Fashion Awards
designed by lil.queens
photos: bexidaisy on DA
host: imageshack & imeem
inspiration & lyrics: TLG
title script source unknown.